In order for you to register at the practice, we ask that you provide proof of identity and of residence in our practice area. However, if it is not possible to provide proof of these documents, please contact the surgery to discuss.
The following lists show the documents we will accept:
You should provide one document from List 1 for EVERY new patient. It is very helpful if this document contains a photograph.
We only need one document per household from list 2.
- List 1 (personal)
- current signed passport;
- residence permit issued by Home Office;
- current UK photocard driving licence;
- current full UK driving licence (old version);
- current benefit book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the right to benefits;
- building industry sub-contractor’s certificate issued by the Inland Revenue;
- recent Inland Revenue tax notification;
- current firearms certificate;
- birth certificate;
- adoption certificate;
- marriage certificate;
- divorce or annulment papers;
- standard acknowledgement letter issued to people seeking asylum in the UK (SAL1 and SAL2 forms);
- GV3 form issued to people who want to travel in the UK but do not have a valid travel document;
- Home Office letter IS KOS EX or KOS EX2;
- police registration document;
- certificate of employment in HM forces.
- List 2 (address)
- recent utility bill (not mobile telephone bills);
- local authority tax bill (valid for current year);
- counterpart to current UK photo card driving licence;
- current full UK driving licence (old version) (if not used for evidence of name);
- bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook containing current address;
- recent original mortgage statement from a recognised lender;
- current local council/housing association rent card or tenancy agreement;
- current benefits book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the rights to benefit;
- court order.