In order for you to register at the practice, you must provide proof of identity and of residence in our practice area.
The following lists show the documents we will accept:
You should provide one document from List 1 for EVERY new patient. It is very helpful if this document contains a photograph.
We only need one document per household from list 2.
- List 1 (personal)
- current signed passport;
- residence permit issued by Home Office;
- current UK photocard driving licence;
- current full UK driving licence (old version);
- current benefit book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the right to benefits;
- building industry sub-contractor’s certificate issued by the Inland Revenue;
- recent Inland Revenue tax notification;
- current firearms certificate;
- birth certificate;
- adoption certificate;
- marriage certificate;
- divorce or annulment papers;
- standard acknowledgement letter issued to people seeking asylum in the UK (SAL1 and SAL2 forms);
- GV3 form issued to people who want to travel in the UK but do not have a valid travel document;
- Home Office letter IS KOS EX or KOS EX2;
- police registration document;
- certificate of employment in HM forces.
- List 2 (address)
- recent utility bill (not mobile telephone bills);
- local authority tax bill (valid for current year);
- counterpart to current UK photo card driving licence;
- current full UK driving licence (old version) (if not used for evidence of name);
- bank, building society or credit union statement or passbook containing current address;
- recent original mortgage statement from a recognised lender;
- current local council/housing association rent card or tenancy agreement;
- current benefits book or original notification letter from the Benefits Agency confirming the rights to benefit;
- court order.