Other Information


Please contact the surgery after 11 am for results of tests, allowing 3—4 days following submission of specimen or as instructed by the doctor or nurse. The practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of the results or they are not capable of understanding the results.


You may have a repeat prescription if you require regular medication. To order, please tick the required items on the tear off slip attached to your prescription and post or bring it to the surgery (enclose an SAE if you wish us to post it to you). You may also use the online ordering system.

Requests delivered by 11 am will be available in 2 working days. We do not accept telephone requests for repeat prescriptions.

The practice pharmacist may contact you when you are due a medication review. This is to check that your medication suits you and is still needed. Occasionally we may ask you to see a member of the practice to review medication. The "review date" on the slip is a guideline; it does not have to be obeyed to the exact day!

Please try to plan ahead in order to avoid last minute requests. This is very important at Christmas and Easter, when the surgery is particularly busy and when both surgery and pharmacy are closed for bank holidays.

Non-NHS Medicals and Private Fees

Medical examinations for HGV, PSV, Insurance, Employment, etc. can be arranged by appointment. These examinations are not part of your doctor's NHS duties and therefore a fee (in the range recommended by the BMA) is payable.

Similarly, claim forms for holiday cancellation, medical insurance, passport applications etc. are subject to charges; details are available at reception.

Medical Certificates

For absence from work through sickness, self-certification is currently valid for the first week. The certificate (form SC2) is available from your employer, the post office, or the surgery reception. We do not issue a doctor's certificate for the first seven days of sickness. If a private certificate is required to cover this absence from work, a fee is charged.

After the first week, certificates are obtained as part of a consultation with your doctor. If you are under the care of a hospital doctor you may ask them to issue your certificate for an inpatient stay or an outpatient appointment.

NHS Walk-in Centres

You can also see an experienced nurse for treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, seven days a week, at:

Old Swan—Crystal Close, St. Oswald Street, L13 2GA. t: 0151 247 6700.
City Centre—6 David Lewis Street, Liverpool L1 4AP t: 0151 247 6500.

Open: Monday—Friday 7 am to 10 pm; Weekends and Bank Holidays 9 am to 10 pm. No appointment needed.

It’s best to contact the surgery if a Doctor's prescription may be needed.

NHS 111

You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.

Use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation, for example if:

  • you need medical help fast but it's not a 999 emergency
  • you think you need to go to A&E or need another NHS urgent care service
  • you don't know who to call
  • you need health information or reassurance about what to do next.

If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a text phone by calling 18001 111. If English is not your preferred language, you can choose to use a confidential translation service.

Accident and Emergency 999

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999. Accident and emergency departments are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.