Other Information


Please contact the surgery after 11 am for results of tests, allowing 3—4 days following submission of specimen or as instructed by the doctor or nurse. The practice has a strict policy regarding confidentiality and data protection. We will only release test results to the person to whom they relate unless that person has given prior permission for the release of the results or they are not capable of understanding the results.

Non-NHS Medicals and Private Fees

Medical examinations for HGV, PSV, Insurance, Employment, etc. can be arranged by appointment. These examinations are not part of your doctor's NHS duties and therefore a fee (in the range recommended by the BMA) is payable.

Similarly, claim forms for holiday cancellation, medical insurance, passport applications etc. are subject to charges; details are available at reception.

Medical Certificates

For absence from work through sickness, self-certification is currently valid for the first week. The certificate (form SC2) is available from your employer, the post office, or the surgery reception. We do not issue a doctor's certificate for the first seven days of sickness. If a private certificate is required to cover this absence from work, a fee is charged.

After the first week, certificates are obtained as part of a consultation with your doctor. If you are under the care of a hospital doctor you may ask them to issue your certificate for an inpatient stay or an outpatient appointment.

NHS Walk-in Centres

You can also see an experienced nurse for treatment of minor injuries and illnesses, seven days a week, at:

Old Swan—Crystal Close, St. Oswald Street, L13 2GA. t: 0151 247 6700.
City Centre—6 David Lewis Street, Liverpool L1 4AP t: 0151 247 6500.

Open: Monday—Friday 7 am to 10 pm; Weekends and Bank Holidays 9 am to 10 pm. No appointment needed.

It’s best to contact the surgery if a Doctor's prescription may be needed.

NHS 111

You can call 111 when you need medical help fast but it’s not a 999 emergency. NHS 111 is a fast and easy way to get the right help, whatever the time. Calls are free from landlines and mobile phones.

Use the NHS 111 service if you urgently need medical help or advice but it's not a life-threatening situation, for example if:

If you have difficulties communicating or hearing, you can use the NHS 111 service through a text phone by calling 18001 111. If English is not your preferred language, you can choose to use a confidential translation service.

Accident and Emergency 999

Whatever the day or time, if you or someone else experiences severe chest pain, loss of blood or suspected broken bones, go to your nearest accident and emergency department or call 999. Accident and emergency departments are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Named Accountable GP

All our patients have been allocated an accountable GP - you can obtain the name of your accountable GP by contacting us. You can continue to see the GP of your choice, even if they differ from your named GP.

Disability Discrimination Act

We have attempted to make our building accessible to all. We have:

Freedom of Information Act 2000

The practice is happy to comply with this act and this information is published on line. Jubilee Medical Centre Publication Scheme.

Viewing your records

Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you are able to view your records. Contact the practice for more information.